Saturday, February 9, 2008

Self-Checkout at Food Emporium

I purchased two salad dressings yesterday for a total cost of $5.98 at Food Emporium. I used the self-checkout because there were no lines and I was only getting two items. Anyway, after scanning my items and repeatedly putting in the one dollar bill because the machine wouldn't accept it, the machine told me my change was two cents. However, it only gave me back one cent. I didn't bother telling anyone that it gave me the incorrect amount of change because I didn't really care about the extra penny nor did I have time to get it back but a machine malfunction is a pretty big deal. I don't think I would have said anything unless the error was over 36 cents.

Would you have told someone about the problem? What's the minimum amount of change that you'd wait for to get refunded?

Please post your regards below!

1 comment:

Valeriya said...

check out

homepages.nyu.edu/~vf364