Sunday, February 10, 2008

P.C. Richard & Son

That store is simply ridiculous. I don't mind smaller chains competing with big box stores like Circuit City and Best Buy but PCR&S's prices don't make any sense at all. I went into the store to see if they were offering a discount on Sony's VGN-TZ170 that they have on displey. This is a discontinued model that currently ranges in price from about $2,000 to $2,200 so it made sense that PCR&S had been selling it for $2,099 before it was discontinued. I had looked at this model in the store before and asked the sales associated why the screen had cracks and spots in it. He said it is just because it is a fragile computer and that happens when people use it at the store. W
hen I went to look at the price tag yesterday, I noticed that the $2,099 is for the display model. They are trying to selling a discontinued laptop with a broken screen for retail price?

That's just lame.

No comments: