Friday, February 8, 2008

Interview skills for the restless

I have an interview with an investment bank in 27 minutes.  I find the whole process so undesirable that instead of practicing as much as I possibly could, and memorizing answers to stupid questions that no one cares about, I went to Carnegie Hall with two friends of mine and saw Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an exhibition".  It the was the best decision I have ever made.  10 dollar student tickets don't matter when the acoustics in the hall are spectacular. Every noise made from the stage bounced around until it reached my seat on the highest balcony with the perfect pitch balance and any other fancy words describing sound.  It was spectacular. However,  every good decision leads to sacrifice, and in this case it was my sleep. I had to stay up till 1:30 practicing for an interview that I didn't care about. The point of this story is that I think I know where my priorities lie and any one who has a problem with that can take it outside (I'll be there in a couple of minutes, so keep waiting till I get there).

Cheers,


No comments: